Sunday, 23rd October, 2022

After a restless night with Phil visiting the bathroom on the hour, every hour, it was evident that he wouldn’t be doing anything that day. I stayed with him until about 10.30 AM and decided to visit the Windjammer for breakfast, hoping that it would be less busy at this time – no, I was wrong, it was very busy. I filled my breakfast plate with some corn beef hash, scrambled eggs and baked beans and managed to find a spare table.

I don’t really eat by myself and I felt very self conscious as I sat there, but I soon realised that nobody paid any attention to a Billy-No-Mates sat by herself. The waiters were very attentive and served me my drinks of a green tea (the only tea I drink) and an apple juice.

I took a glass of water back to the cabin, but Phil was fast asleep, so I left it on the side and wondered what I should do? I had tried phoning our friend’s cabin but there was no answer, so I decided to go on a tour of the ship.

My first stop was the Royal Promenade, firstly to see if they had any diarrhoea relief tablets, but the medical supplies in the shop were very sparse. I perused the jewellery shops and filled up my refillable mug at the pizza place.

From there, I went to the running/walking track on Deck 5 and was pleased to discover that this is where the shuffleboard was hiding. There were people playing on it and as this was the only one that could be found, I assumed it would be hit or miss if we could play a game or two on it.

After walking around the track, (there is a great view out of the back of the ship here!) I went back to the cabin to inform Phil that I had found the running track. He is a keen runner and regularly runs 15K a week.

View from the back of the ship.

When I arrived at the cabin, Phil was sat up in bed, so we decided to go to the Windjammer for some lunch, but when we got there, he wasn’t feeling up to it, so after I had some fruit and he had a glass of water, we went back to the cabin. He fell asleep on the bed and I sat on the balcony people watching: they were walking along The Broadwalk, going on the carousel and I even caught the waiters dancing outside of Johnny Rockets.

I then had a snooze in the cabin (I was still a bit jet-lagged) and when we both woke up, I started to get ready for the evening. We were due to see Hairspray tonight, which we had booked through the App, but Phil definitely wasn’t up to that, so he told me to watch it with our friends and then to have dinner with them.

Hairspray was a wonderful production, I had never seen it and it had never really been on my list of musicals to watch, but I enjoyed every song, every dance, especially Mama, I’m A Big Girl Now and I felt gutted that Phil wasn’t able to see it.

We went for dinner afterwards and as we hadn’t booked, joined the ‘Without Reservations’ queue and were seated fairly quickly.

I ordered the steak tenderloin and it was one of the best I have ever eaten and it was followed by a Grand Marnier souffle, which was divine.

After the meal, I went back to the cabin, Phil was asleep, so I joined him, hoping that he would feel better in the morning.

Take a look at the video:

To see a video of what we got up to with lots more photographs and videos, take a look at the YouTube video:

And Lastly:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s