Please note there is spoliers in this blog – so if you don’t wat to know who left the show, click away now!
This week we had a replacement judge in the form of Alfonso Ribeiro, to cover Bruno’s absence, who won Series 19 of Dancing with the Stars in America.
It is another tradition while watching Strictly, yes I know we have a few, as the titles are rolling and showing the celebrities with their partners, that we shout out, “Out,” and “Still in,” at the TV, does anyone else do that?
So our dirty dozen put on a great show this week, so let’s get on with summing up the dances in one word:-
- Kelvin and Oti: Cha Cha Cha – Exciting – 33 points (3 point decrease)
- David and Nadiya: Jive – Mistakes – 16 points (12 point decrease)
- Catherine and Johannes: Tango – Sloppy – 28 points (2 point decrease)
- Karim and Amy: Salsa – Acrobatic – 36 points (2 point decrease)
- Michelle and Giovanni: Rumba – Elegant – 29 points (2 point decrease)
- Emma and Anton: Paso Doble – Lacking – 26 points (9 point decrease)
- Alex and Neil: Charleston – Brilliant – 33 points (10 point increase)
- Emma and Aljaz: Viennese Waltz – Beautiful – 36 points (8 point increase)
- Mike and Katja: Samba – Crowd-pleaser – 21 points (11 point decrease)
- Will and Janette: Couple’s Choice – Inspiring – 32 points (8 point increase)
- Chris and Karen: Quickstep – Improved – 25 points (1 point decrease)
- Saffron and AJ: Foxtrot – Impressive – 38 points (5 point increase)
Highlights this week were Will and Janette’s Couple Choice dance of Contemporary. I have to say with the VT of Will’s backstory and the emotion of this dance, for the first time EVER I cried into my glass of red wine and I know that I was not the only one…
And also that moment when Alfonso joined Mike and did the Carlton dance! Oh joy!
And my third highlight, seeing James Ancaster reading out the terms and conditions, even though he did have a fall going up those stairs…. love the sparkly jacket!
So the score boards looked like this:
After a stunning professioal dance, the results were in and the dance off was between David and Mike. The Judges voted unamiously to save Mike and so David and Nadiya (my husband’s favourite pro dancer) had to leave Strictly. Even though they were at the bottom of the score board for most of their stay on Strictly, their Quickstep propelled them up the leader board last week, but I’m afraid that the celebrities have to remember that they’re only as good as their last dance….
Next week is Halloween Week, my personal favourite but I’m gonna have to watch it later on as I’m going to a Halloween Party, that’s a spooky coincidence!