Please note there is spoilers in this blog – so if you don’t want to know who left the show, click away now!
This week we received the news that Will and Janette would not be able to perform as Will hurt his knee whilst jumping of a table during dress rehearsals for the show. So I wish Will a speedy recovery and hopefully we can see him perform next week. Also, a pro dancer sustained an injury, Neil hurt himself an hour before the show was due to start, so Kevin gallently stepped in to dance with Alex, only having 45 minutes to learn the routine.
Although I do gather there was a debate on social media as to whether it should have been Gorka who danced with Alex as Kevin had already danced and had been voted out. But we don’t know what happens behind the scenes, Kevin and Neil are good friends so maybe Neil asked for Kevin, maybe the Ghostbusters suit fitted Kevin better, who knows?
So we were down to ten couples this week, Will and Janette have a bye into the next round, so here’s my one word sum up:
- Emma and Anton: Tango – Posture – 28 points (2 point increase)
- Emma and Aljaz: Charleston – Poised – 30 points (6 point decrease)
- Chris and Karen: Samba – Fun – 23 points (2 point decrease)
- Saffron and AJ: Jive – Magic – 33 points (5 point decrease)
- Mike and Katya: Tango – Stompy – 26 points (5 point increase)
- Karim and Amy: Paso Doble – Rushed – 29 points (6 point decrease)
- Catherine and Johannes: Cha Cha Cha – Mistakes – 24 points (4 point decrease)
- Michelle and Giovanni: Foxtrot – Phenomenal – 39 points (10 point increase)
- Kelvin and Oti: Tango – Incredible – 36 points (3 point increase)
- Kevin and Alex: Street Commercial – On-point – 34 points (1 point increase)
Highlights this week was Karen’s wig causing problems during their Tango, resulting in Karen pulling it off at the end of the dance. Kevin freestyling during Alex’s routine and admitting that his mind went blank during the routine.
I don’t know if it’s me, but this year’s Halloween seemed to miss the mark, if I was Vicountess Emma, I’d be a bit peeved that on Halloween week, I was dressed like I would normally be dressed and not made up as a monster, etc.
So the score boards were as follows:
This week the dance off was between Catherine and Mike. Craig voted for Catherine to be sent home, Motsi and Bruno voted for Mike to go, so the final verdict was left for Shirley who voted against Catherine and Johannes, so unfortunately they had to leave.
This is another shock exit; I thought that Catherine would be at Blackpool at least. Maybe when the votes are tied, it should be put to the public vote? Whoever got the least amount of votes should leave…
I am hearing rumours that the show will be shown in its entirity on a Saturday next year, I think this is a step in the right direction, they could cut down on how long the VTs are before each couple dances and therefore end this farce of the Sunday show. Plus, it will stop spoilers leaking out and spoiling the results show for some.
Next week, back to normal, phew, and remember, nobody is safe!