Please note that there will be spoilers in this blog – so if you don’t want to know who left, look away now!!
This week I was faced with a bit of a dilemma and I decided to turn to the Strictly Fans on Facebook to solve it for me:
As you can see, there was plenty of advice to be had, of which most of the replies said to, “Watch it live and then watch it again with your husband.” I did wait for my husband, watching Celebrity Catchphrase and eating a bar of chocolate to distract me and we settled down to watch it when he came home.
Whenever I watch the opening titles I do wonder why the professional’s name isn’t mentioned? Some of them are famous in their own right, having hosted and appeared on different television shows… maybe one day this will happen.
A little subtle change to the show that I have noticed is that we don’t get the dancers give a little wave at the camera while Tess is introducing them, maybe there’s too many at the momet and this will come back once the numbers are reduced?
My Tweet of the Week goes to Richard Osman of Pointless Fame:
As nobody left last week, the scores will be combined with last week’s scores and together with the public vote, we will have our first person to leave on Sunday and as everybody is still in, there’s a fair few to get through, so I am going to try to sum up each dancer’s performance in one word, (wish me luck):
- Saffron and AJ: Cha-Cha-Cha – Delivered – 23 points
- Anneka and Kevin: Waltz – Beautiful – 19 points
- Dev and Dianne: Jive – Toes – 27 points
- Emma and Aljaz: Tango – Stamina – 22 points
- Chris and Karen: Charleston – Improved – 26 points
- Emma B and Anton: Foxtrot – Smoother – 24 points
- James and Luba: Jive – Stiff – 13 points
- Kathryn and Jonannes: Samba – Hips – 19 points
- Michelle and Giovanni: Viennese Waltz – Classy – 32 points
- David and Nadiya: Paso Doble – Limp – 10 points
- Karim and Amy: Foxtrot – Exceptional – 32 points
- Mike and Katya: American Smooth – Odd – 14 points
- Alex and Neil: Cha-Cha-Cha – Flat – 22 points
- Kelvin and Oti: Waltz – Light – 28 points
- Will and Janette: Samba – Enthusiastic – 24 points.
Put your hands up if you try and guess each of the judge’s scores? We do and are secretly pleased when we get it right!
I wasn’t sure about the routine with Mike and Katya, it was very awkward to watch, especially during the lifts and I’m hoping that she’s not going to try and make him the “Class Clown”, he’s better than that!
Kelvin did an acceptable waltz, he didn’t light up the dance floor like he did last week, so maybe Latin will be his thing! Before Strictly Kelvin’s Twitter account would receive on average about 250 likes, now being on Strictly that has risen to thousands!
My tip for winning Strictly, Karim and Amy, their foxtrot was stunning and he was so elegant and light on his feet. I am pleased that Amy has a partner who will go far!
So at the end of tonight, the scores are:
So we will have to wait and see how the public vote goes….
After a dance off between David James and James Cracknell, the judges unamiously decided on James to leave – well done James, you were certainly out of your comfort zone, but you had the grit and determination to get out there and dance!
Next week is Movie Week, so let’s hope they Step Up, they are not in La La Land and have The Time of Their Lives.